Friday, June 25, 2010

the Hanson's are about to MOVE!

Chloe here! A lot has happened since I last wrote. On May 8th, I graduated from pharmacy school at Mercer University. For several months prior to that, I had been pouring time and energy into job searching. I had no idea how labor-intensive and difficult this process would be! Atlanta boasts quite a saturated market right now for pharmacists, but Jeff & I knew that our God could work in a saturated market.

It wasn't until a little later that we began to open our eyes to some other cities in the job search. We communicated with our landlords before expanding our search, since we had verbally told them we planned to stay in this house at least a year. Long story short, they had one person in mind. That one person looked at the house, and about one month later (at exactly the right time), we find out that she wants to move in on August 1st. This relieved us tremendously, as we were able to up and move without leaving our landlords out to dry.

Of all the places we discussed, Nashville stuck with Jeff. We had several loved ones praying for us and with us. One friend saw a vision while praying for us: we were being told to jump into a river-a fast moving river. We were confused since there was nothing there for us to land on, but the LORD kept saying "Jump." When we did, a rock appeared for us to land on. This happened time & time again until we became like little children jumping from rock to rock whenever God said to jump! Another friend (separate occasion entirely) saw us at the jumping off a waterfall. One large and beautiful flower behind the falls opened up to catch us. You get the idea -- it was looking like we were going to need to take a leap of faith to see what the LORD had for us! (Romans 8:24 reminds us that "hope that is seen is not hope," & the meaning of 'hope' there is "desire of some good with expectation of obtaining it")


In early May, Jeff announces that he is certain the LORD is saying "Nashville" & expresses that he desires I narrow my search to include only that city. I have some peace, but not as much as my husband; however, I know Jeff, and I know that Jeff knows the voice of his Heavenly Father. So I choose to be on page with my husband! After all, Jeff mentions, never once in the Bible did God leave someone out to dry for having too much faith!

I initially thought I wanted to go into independent community pharmacy, but over time, I liked more & more the thought of starting out in a hospital or institution. Of all the jobs I applied for and all the recruiters I talked with, the opportunity at Baptist Hospital left us most excited. My Mamaw Becky even had a dream that I got this job! But then weeks went by and I didn't hear back from them for a phone interview, which probably meant they weren't impressed with my application/resume. In retrospect, what it really meant was that the flood in Nashville had set them back a bit in the hiring process.

Two classmates of mine had a wedding up in Kentucky in mid-May, so Jeff & I decided to come back through Nashville and spend a few days there scoping things out. We ended up signing a lease for one side of a duplex in the the city, and arbitrarily chose a move-in date of July 10th!! BIG move for us -- signing a lease with no job for Chloe & no school for Jeff...

We chose faith. And the LORD our God proved himself faithful once again! Within a week, we had two job offers (after having NONE for 6 months of searching). And the one we chose -- Clinical Pharmacist at Baptist Hospital! My first day (orientation) is July 12th. Five weeks of training. Then off I go!! My first big job! Benefits start on Day #1 of training -- the only hospital system in middle TN that still does this! To sum-up: GOD IS GOOD! We praise Him!!!

Right now, we are trusting the LORD to open just the right door for Jeff's school. He feels called to study towards a degree in Occupational Therapy, and we are very excited about that! He has applied to a few schools and we are trusting our Father to open the right door(s). Please pray with us about this.

We do not fully understand yet why we are being called to Nashville, TN. But, we know it is God's desire for us in this season of our lives -- & we are THRILLED to find out all the reasons why!

Please keep us in your prayers as we navigate our way through all these changes. And please pray that we are always able to hear clearly & follow faithfully the loving words of our Heavenly Father.

With great love & gratitude,
Jeff & Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment